Rollmet HCW pipe and tube sets the standard for large diameter stainless steel,
high nickel alloy pipe and tube for the power, petrochemical and nuclear industries.
COLD ROLL EXTRUSION METHOD
- New method of manufacturing listed in ASTM A312 material specification (Heavily Cold Worked)
- Metallurgical equivalent of seamless
- Weld and Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) eliminated via PCC Rollmet Inc.’s patented Cold Roll Extrusion process (seam free)
- Corrosion tested by ASTM 249 – former weld/parent metal decay ratios of less than 1.0
- Corrosion tested to ASTM 262 practice A, B, C, E and F
- Lower cost than seamless
- Sizes 6” to 12” schedule 20, 10 and 5(s)
- Cold Roll Extruded solid-solution alloy pipes offer greater strength than conventional manufactured pipe/tube because of the fine grain size achieved through cold working and recrystallization
- Cold Roll Extrusion, as a net process, achieves final pipe dimensions through metal displacement with very little waste
- Cold Roll Extrusion is performed at ambient room temperature
- Cold Roll Extrusion utilizes precision stainless steel and nickel alloy blanks or extruded preforms as starting material for all stainless and nickel alloy production
- Isotropic properties can be achieved either as a cold worked tubular or in all finished annealed tubular products
- Enhanced corrosion resistance is achieved through ASTM 5 or finer grain size
100X PHOTOMICROGRAPHS – BEFORE AND AFTER HCW/SEAM-FREE PROCESSING
Parent metal area as received from mill.
Weld metal area as received from mill.
Parent metal area after roll extrusion and anneal.
Weld metal area after roll extrusion and anneal.
DIMENSIONS OF HCW/SEAM-FREE TUBE*
DIMENSIONS OF HCW/SEAM-FREE PIPE*
* Most diameter and light wall combinations of HCW tubes can be manufactured by PCC Rollmet, Inc.
- ISO 9001 approved
- PED approved to Directive 97/23/EC
- AD2000-Merkblatt W0 approved
1822 Deere Avenue, Irvine, California 92606 • 949-221-5333