Cold Worked and Annealed Seamless Pipe
Achieved through PCC Rollmet's Cold Roll Extrusion process.
Cold Roll Extruded solid-solution alloy pipes offer greater strength than conventional manufactured pipe/tube because of the fine grain size achieved through cold working and recrystallization. As a net process, it achieves final pipe dimensions through metal displacement with very little waste.
- 50 year proven process
- Available in nickel, stainless steel, duplex and super duplex alloys and grades
- 5 or finer grain size achieved for enhanced corrosion existence per ASTM E 112
- 45% to 75% cold work applied to starting material to achieve higher mechanical properties
- 20% to 35% higher mechanical properties than ASTM-ASME minimum requirements
- Properties are isotropic circumferentially and along the entire length of finished seamless pipe
- 125-140 RA ID finish or better
- Polished OD surface
- Meets ASTM G28 A and B corrosion test requirements
- Meets ASTM G48 A and B corrosion test requirements
- Meets ASTM 262 practices A, B, C and F intergranular corrosion tests
- NACE MR0103 and NACE MR0175 compliant
- Cold roll extrusion is a 100% cold working process. It is not a hot extruded process with minimal straightening or sizing applied to the piping material to barely meet minimum cold worked mechanical properties required of the material specification.
See Cold Roll Extrusion in action.
View dramatized animations of our unique Cold Roll Extrusion processes.
1822 Deere Avenue, Irvine, California 92606 • 949-221-5333